If you are having difficulty connecting your audio and video during your Hopps session, here are some troubleshooting steps you can try:
- Double-check that your microphone and camera are not muted or disabled in the session settings panel. A line will appear through the icon if the device is currently muted or paused. Click the icon to turn audio or video on or off.
- If you are using external devices make sure they are properly connected. If your device connects via Bluetooth, check that it is currently synced.
- Check that your microphone is not muted by an on-device button or your computer.
- Make sure your web browser is up to date and that no ad-blockers or extensions are blocking microphone or camera access.
For Mac OS + Google Chrome users:
- Open your device's System Preferences (Shortcut: CMD button + Spacebar, and then type in "System Preferences")
- Click on Security & Privacy
- Select the Privacy settings
- Scroll down and select "Microphone"
- Click the lock at the bottom to make changes (you will be prompted for your system password)
- Uncheck the box next to Google Chrome (if it is not checked, please check this box)
- Click the lock to save the changes (if it was not originally checked, please go to step 11 after this)
- Click the lock again to allow changes
- Re-check the box next to Google Chrome
- Repeat steps 4-9 for both "Camera" and "Screen Recording" (screen recording is needed if you wish to optionally share your screen with your expert during your session).
- Click the lock to save the changes
- Restart Google Chrome
If this doesn't seem to solve your problem, please try another browser. We suggest only using Chrome and Safari to run a Hopps session.
If your audio and video connection issues are not resolved, please reach out to the Hopps Support Team via email or live chat for further troubleshooting assistance.